Call for Papers: Special Issue on Open Access
Posted by Michael Roy on 2022-04-02
The Journal of Electronic Publishing is seeking contributions for a special issue on Open Access. This issue to be published in early 2023 aims to provide a comprehensive review of the state of open access.
We are interested in articles that look at the big picture. Areas of interest include:
- History of OA
- OA by sector — commercial and non-profit
- Types of OA publications — journals, monographs, educational resources
- Developments in different regions or countries
- Descriptions of the current OA Landscape — types of OA (a color chart), impact of funder or institutional mandates (for example, an assessment of Plan S), the state of OA infrastructure, etc.
- Economics of OA
- Impacts of OA on equity of access for authors and readers
- Bad actors in OA
- Other interesting topics
Proposals should include a short (200 or so word) abstract and brief statement or author(s) credentials. Final Manuscripts should be 5,000 to 8,000 words in length. Proposals and questions should be addressed to David Lewis (firstname.lastname@example.org). Proposals are due by May 20, 2022. Proposals will be reviewed, and accepted proposals will be decided upon by June 3, 2022. Final Manuscripts will be due September 2, 2022.
Back to News List